It’s that time of year. You look in your closet and nothing looks fun or interesting. You’re sick of your wardrobe, your skin needs some vitamin D, and you’re ready to come out of hibernation. But how do you put spring in your fashion step when the weather’s not cooperating? No worries, here are 5 tips for changing up your look in this transitional time between seasons.
1. Show (the illusion of) More Skin
- Layer long-sleeved sheer tops over camisoles and add a swing cardigan in a lighter color if you need more warmth.
- Choose a lower neckline. Try a scoop neck long-sleeved T-shirt or sweater instead of a crew neck.
- Cuff your skinny jeans and wear flats or ankle booties to show off a bare ankle.
- Swap out opaque black tights for colored ones or replace tights with nude fishnets or other open-weave, patterned hosiery.