You’ve seen them in store windows and on women of all ages: booties or shoe boots as I call them.
They look cute on others but you aren’t sure if you can wear them.
You have doubts. I bet I can guess what you’re thinking. Am I too old to wear booties?
How do people wear booties with socks?
Should I get a slouchy one or a slim one?
What kind of pants do you wear booties?
Will they go out of style?
Lots of questions but lucky for you, I have lots of answers. Booties offer style solutions and they are not going out of style anytime soon!
- If you choose booties in a colour such as burgundy, teal or red, then connect the colour to your outfit in another piece of clothing or an accessory.
- Booties in light colours, such as sand or taupe can be worn with winter white or similar taupe colours.
- They also look great with darker denims or pants as a contrasting colour, especially if you are tall and can spare the height.
- Choose a bootie that relates to your hair colour, so it brings the eye of the observer up to your face and hair. This will tie almost any outfit together.
- Booties in metallic shades can add glitz or glamour or dressiness to any outfit.
- Ankle booties that are low cut in the vamp are great for slim over-the-knee pencil skirts. This bootie style elongates the leg.
Have some fun trying on various styles and wear an outfit you think you would like to pair them with.
Or… call me ! I am happy to go Bootie shopping with you!
What’s happening at Image Connections:
- I have been loving the interaction of the participants in the 21 Day Style Challenge. We have discovered Style Words and I have them “thinking.”
- Join me every Sunday at 7 pm EST, on Facebook LIVE. www.facebook/imageconnections for my live session called STYLIN SUNDAYS.
- My on-line style course… “ Set Your GPS to Fantabulous… a 7 Step System to looking Savvy, Sexy and Stylish over 40” will begin March 28. Spots are limited because I want to give participants as much personal interaction and guidance as possible with me.
- 20 regular spots available and 10 VIP… register on my website www.imageconnections.ca
I would love it if you post a picture of your favourite bootie on my Facebook page.
Yours In Style,