Are you a Boomer Babe? How has life changed for you? Are there new things to dress for; new relationships, new jobs, grandkids, exciting adventures? You might be finding the old clothes just don’t seem right for current times. Where do you go for guidance and advice about navigating the next decade or two in fashion? Do you need some helpful tips?
When I talk to women 50 + I hear the same complaints… your bodies have changed and you feel out of synch with the clothes in the store. You are experiencing that “Menopausal Middle.”
Your lifestyle has changed and now there are whole sections of your closet that has no purpose in your life and clothes are just taking up space. Why are so many baby boomers feeling stuck in a rut when they should be enjoying life? Boomer Babes don’t want to look old but there is always the fear of trying too hard to look young. Where is the balance?
Well I have good news for you… there are resources for finding the sweet spot when it comes to dressing your age and feel great about it!
Here are 8 tips:
1. Wear higher waist jeans. I like Not Your Daughters Jeans ( NYDJ) . They have some tummy control too.
2. Relaxed or boyfriend jeans have some stretch in them.
3. Wear looser tops such as tunics… wear them to your leg break so they cover your behind.
4. Dresses, dresses, dresses… look so great and manufacturers are beginning to clue in and design them with ¾ length sleeves and stretch.
5. Layer longer camisoles underneath tops, sweaters or jackets.
6. Wear a body shaper… some are even included in the tops now.
7. Discover comfie shoes that look stylish.
8. Brighten your look with accessories.
Boomers have always been special and at this point in our life I can tell you: Life is to be enjoyed right here and right now!
I am one of those “Boomer Babes” and I am enjoying playing with a few new trend pieces such as my new stretchy jean jacket. Check out my last week’s Facebook posts to see how I have paired up past years clothing items to create some new looks. Don’t forget to ‘Like’ the page and join in the conversation! Follow me on Twitter too!
Need some help? I am always happy to bring my “Style Eyes” in to your closet and see what new creations we can make to bring a smile to your face and add a spring to your step. You can connect with me via email or telephone, leave a comment right here on the site, or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website.
If you live in the area, I will be at the Alia TanJay store at the Upper Canada mall on May 28th at 2 p.m. giving a short presentation. Come on out, get a few tips and say hello!
Until next time,