Here it is February again and Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Why do we limit looking and feeling sexy and sensual to this month? If you feel looking sexy is only for 20 year olds, you may be ignoring this playful, fun part of dressing. Are you constantly buying business clothes and “making do” with unexciting choices for weekend engagements? Do you say no to social invitations because you don’t have anything to wear? Then this blog post is for you! Below are my top 5 MUST-HAVES for adding a little sex appeal into your wardrobe.
- Wear a proper fitting bra and buy underwear in an animal print, red or coral.
- Wear RED! You can choose a red in your colour palette; whether it is a blue red or an orange red or a coral. You can wear a red top, a red scarf, red shoes or my favourite is red lipstick. If that is even too much for you try red nail polish.
- Wear animal print. Again, wear it in your colour palette. You can find grey and black animal print, pink and black, greens and brown , as well as the traditional brown and gold. Try it in a scarf, a top, a pair of shoes. I have seen simple sheath dresses in animal print this season too. If you buy underclothes in an animal print, wear it under your business clothes and feel naughty all day!
- Wear lace! Lace has been a big trend the past 2 years. Try a lace blouse, a dress. You can even wear lace knee high stockings under your dress pants or lace stockings with a plain dress and boots.
- Play up your eyes. A little make-up can go a long way. Add a little eyeliner, mascara and if you dare … some eye shadow. If you are concerned about what colour suits you, grab your colour wallet. It will give you selections for your colouring. Book a time with me for some make-up “Playtime” and learn some tips on what colours enhance your eyes and compliment your skin undertone.
Bonus tip…SMILE! That is the most appealing, sensuous trick you can do.
You know, I am asked this question over and over by women 45 +…. “What is age-appropriate?” My one answer is, “If you feel uncomfortable in it, then don’t wear it.” You will fidget and fuss with whatever you are wearing and those around you will feel uncomfortable too.
There are ways to adapt the current, youthful trends for those of us who are more mature.
So with this in mind, please click here to learn more about my Lunch & Learn sessions for this month taking place on February 24th and February 25th. Learn how to take the mystery out of how to dress age-appropriately, yet still look feminine, sensual and attractive.
Book a complimentary mini-makeover and try out my new line of YOUnique makeup products. Learn what colours enhance your skin undertone. What liners make your eyes pop and how to use them. Try out the new 3D mascara!
I look forward to connecting with you. You can reach me by phone or email, leave a comment right here on the site or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website.
Until next time,