The 2014 holiday season is just around the corner. Not sure what to wear? Here are 7 ways to look festive without breaking the bank…
1. Wear a truly red lipstick and keep the rest of your makeup colours neutral. Wear a shade in “your” colour palette, so if you have a warm undertone, then try a brick red. If you have a cool undertone, wear a blue red.
2. Wear a large jeweled necklace as a statement collar against your crewneck sweater or top. You can find these at junior stores such as H&M, Forever XX1, and Zara or… visit your favourite Silpada or Lia Sophia jewelry representative for ideas.
3. Choose to wear a red pump with a black cigarette pant or a nice dark jean for a more casual event.
4. Satin or patent leather flats are comfortable and festive for long holiday events. Large bows, sequins or jeweled embellishments will give your shoes more wattage.
5. Faux fur stoles are great wraps over your LBD ( little black dress, little brown dress, little blue dress or little bordeaux dress… depending on your colour palette). Your options include wild fun colours as well as black, brown or white.
6. Dress head-to-toe in your favourite monochromatic colour (e.g. winter white, black, brown, burgundy, navy, camel) and add a glittery clutch. Repeat the glitter in a brooch, pendant or earring.
7. Make your skirt the center of attention. A pencil skirt in lace, leather or leopard print is a great buy when paired with simple tops or jackets that you already own.
Contact me and we can have fun creating outfits for your festive day or night events. You’ll look and feel great for the holidays and you can relax and actually enjoy the festivities, knowing your outfits are ready and waiting for you!
Don’t miss my next Living Room Lunch and Learn on Thursday, November 27th! called “From GLUM to GLAM!” For more details, please click here. To register, call or email me or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen.
Save the date… December 2nd, 2014 – Drop in and visit me at Foxglove Design from 4 pm to 8 pm.
15140 Yonge St., in Aurora. Refreshments, vintage jewelry and you’ll receive an exclusive $100 off coupon when you visit my booth! I look forward to seeing you there!
I welcome your feedback. You can connect with me via email or telephone, leave a comment right here on the site, or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website.
Until next time,