What do you do when you feel like you have the urge for something new but no time to shop? Everyone’s busy, but here are 9 easy tips to keep you feeling good when time is tight.
- Shop your closet. You already have a boutique. Spend time putting three outfits together this week. Mixing up what you already can feel just as exciting as buying something new.
- Shop trusted consignment stores. If there’s a consigner that seems to consistently reflect your taste and the sizes fit your body, ask the store owner to call you when that person has brought in new pieces.
- Have your “Style Words” with you. What is the message you want to convey through your clothing? Trendy, dramatic, approachable, sensuous, classic? Does your new purchase fall into any of the categories on your card? Next time we are together, we can review them.
- Always carry your colour palette with you. It can easily be tucked into your purse. This way your new purchase will mix and match with the items in your closet or suitcase!
- Shop while you’re traveling, but only if you stick close to your style formula. Some things bought in Ecuador might look great in Ecuador but when you get them home, you may have a “What was I thinking” moment. If you travel with a companion to larger cities and have time on your hands, shopping can actually be relaxing. Even if you just window shop, when you get back home your eyes will be able to edit what’s in the stores much faster because of your earlier shopping field trip.
- Do you have long layovers in airports? Some airport shopping might be just the thing. Again, stick to your style formula! Some of the shops in airports offer fun style solutions that might be out of the ordinary from where you live.
- While you’re at the airport, pick up a fashion magazine from another country. England’s Harper Bizarre, French Elle, or Australia’s Vogue are great choices. Start a style file by ripping out things that appeal to you. When you get home, hand them over to your image consultant or stylist and ask her to help you interpret the looks in your price point.
- If this isn’t the right time to spend time on your wardrobe, look in your closet and see what brands are already working for you. Go online and see if there’s something that strikes you this year from what that brand is offering. If their lines stay true to size, ordering and filling in with a few new things could be a breeze!
- Hire an image consultant. They know the resources, the trends, and the timing of when things are going to be in the stores. Additionally, an image consultant studies you and your lifestyle and interprets what’s best for you from the overwhelming selections each season. She can make your shopping time so efficient. The results will exceed your expectations! Isn’t it time you contact your consultant today?
Share your time saving tips with me! I love getting feedback. And don’t forget to leave a link back to your own blog too if you have one via the commentluv feature here on the site.
Until next time,