Fashion and style take a backseat now that you’re retired. Everything’s set up for you to ride off into the sunset without worries. Who needs to fret over fashion at this stage of life? Bring on the baggy clothes and slippers. Freedom is ahead.
News flash! You may be retired but you’re still vibrant. In fact, with the stressful workplace pressures gone, you may actually have a chance to bloom like never before.
The freedom you’re about to enjoy is the freedom to express yourself; to enjoy the good times you can have from getting up each day dressed in a way that pleases you. There is one possible catch: You may not know what pleases you! You may not know what’s out there in the fashion world for a woman your age. You may be worried that if you step your toe into dressing for yourself that it’s going to cost a lot of money. I am here to help!!
- Get creative in using some of your past “work” pieces. Mixing informal and casual together can give you a whole new style formula. Consider this:
- A patent flat shoe that you can team up with a rolled up jean or crop pant.
- A “work” trouser that has been paired with a floral print top under a jean jacket.
- Brooches that can be added to a jean jacket or a closure on a cape. (one of my favourite things to add on to my jean jacket.)
- Add fashion splash and dabble in some current trends. You grandchildren will have a whole new impression of you when you wear something modern and trendy. Here are some items to add current style:
- Hats (watch my video to show you various types and tips on how to wear them).
- Sunglasses… always chic!
- Lipstick colours that are more vibrant than ones you wore to work.
- Totes or cross body bags, especially in a pop of colour.
Now… take it a step further and deal with those out of date work items. They can serve someone else via a charity like “Dress For Success”, donate them to a church or to a second hand store. There are also charities that will come to your door for pick up.
Its time to express yourself in a new way and enjoy the adventure that lies ahead!
I have already gone through this process, so call me and I will kindly help you to let go of the old to make way for the new. We can discuss your new life and all the possibilities awaiting you!