Here it is February again, and Valentines Day brings romance to mind.
We are inundated with signs for specials on roses and the lingerie stores are filled with taunting little pieces.
It is a time for planning that romantic dinner or weekend getaway.
Here are some tips for dressing on that special night out or any date night, so you can feel sensuous, appealing and still be comfortable and keep some mystery about you!
- Show SOME skin. The important word here is some! Try a top with a scoop neck or a V-neck that doesn’t plunge too low. Or you may like an off the shoulder top.For those of you with a full figure….here is a picture of a red, cowl neck top. The drape of the cowl is feminine and the soft, draping fabric is great over a curvy figure.
- Focus on bringing the attention to ONE area of your body that you want to enhance. It may be that low neckline, or if you like your legs you may want a slit in a skirt. Depending on how much you like to show your legs, you may want to wear a shorter skirt (not a mini- skirt). Some of you still have a lovely back to show off, so a deep plunge on the back of a top or dress may be your choice. Choose only one area!
- Swishy, draping fabrics are sensual and skim the body nicely. Avoid skin tight clothing. It only makes you look bigger. And of course, too big and boxy can lead you to looking frumpy and short. Try a wrap dress. They work on most body types and the cut across the bust is slimming.
- Wear a cozy sweater that has “pet me appeal.” Here is a plush sweater in pink, that feels so good, I didn’t want to put it down! You can find eyelash sweaters and of course cashmere to add warmth, yet they are sensuous looking.
- Try wearing animal print in a shoe. It can be a heel or a flat. Kitten heels are comfortable too if you can’t wear a high heel. Heels elongate the leg and give the calves a defined look. If you are going for a flat; look for one with a deep vamp.
**Pictures are compliments of Nygard outlet store.
Join me to learn even more tips on how to get back your sexy after 40! I am hosting a workshop at my studio in Barrie, called Sexy Yet Subtle.
Thursday, February 25, 2016
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Please RSVP by phone or email!!
PLEASE NOTE: Messaging me on Facebook is not reliable and I cannot guarantee your place.
$25 per person or bring a friend and get 2 for $40. Space is limited.
Places you will find me this month:
February 4, 2016
Fashion Show at Nygard at the Tanger Outlet Cookstown 2:00-3:00 pm FREE!
February 9, 2016
Barrie SWAN evening networking
February 24, 2016
WEWednesday networking 7:00 pm
February 25, 2016
Sexy Yet Subtle Workshop at my studio 1:00-3:00 pm or 7:00-9:00 pm
February 28, 2016
Women in Biz EXPO!
I am a guest speaker plus I will be giving 10 minute consultations for $10.00
Come out and join us!!
You may also like my post 5 Must- Haves for Looking and Feeling Sexy… at Any Age! February 2015