In my previous blog I looked at Fashion versus Style. Do you relate to fashion or do you relate to style? One of my most treasured activities with my clients is developing their “Style” words and helping them to discover what their style truly is. Here are 6 ideas for developing your time honoured style!
1. The late designer, Yves Saint Laurent (pictured above), who provided us with decades of ground-breaking fashion said, “Fashions fade, style is eternal.”
2. Style is how you choose to express yourself in the world. Fashion gives you the tools to express yourself and your style with clarity. There’s a big difference between choosing a black trench coat, a red one, or one with leopard spots. You know which one is best for your personal style.
3. Personal style never expires; it evolves. It takes some soul-searching to figure it out. Once you’ve defined it in words, you can use fashion to translate it. Your style may change over the years. Paying attention to it, reviewing it and making adjustments to it will keep you empowered.
4. When you understand your style, you’ll be savvy about how you spend money on clothing. What could be a trend for one person could be an important contribution to another person’s style expression. For example, a fringed jacket could be a one-season wonder but for someone who has a free spirited, rebellious element to her, a fringed jacket could be the perfect addition to her wardrobe. If you’re expressing your style, don’t be afraid to spend money on quality pieces that speak to you. When you wear them a lot, the cost-per-wear will make them bargains!
5. Style lovers express their style in all wardrobe categories from work to play to evening. Their passion is creating more and more clarity so they establish a signature style. Soon every time you think of that person, you think of their style. They go together seamlessly. It’s a prized possession and can be a valuable asset in life.
6. Style comes from a quality within you. It’s a combination of your preferences, your experiences, and your lifestyle. As you understand your style, the garments hanging in your closet or the jewelry in your jewelry box, will all be things that add to and support your style. When it comes to getting dressed, you can feel utterly confident that you are expressing the best of who you are.
A consultant can help you develop your style and utilize fashion to get the most enjoyment out of your wardrobe. Let’s explore fashion and style together. Call me.
As always, I welcome your feedback! I would love to know your thoughts. You can connect with me via email or telephone, leave a comment right here on the site or click the contact tab at the bottom of the screen if you are reading this post on the website.
Until next time,